الحقيقة في العلوم (منظمة)
الحقيقة في العلوم هي منظمة خلقية يقع مقرها في المملكة المتحدة تشجع حملة معهد ديسكفري "تدريس الجدل"، الذي يهدف الى تدريس التصميم الذكي جنبا الى جنب مع نظرية التطور في حصص العلوم في المدارس. تشجع المنظمة فكرة أن هناك جدلا علميا حول صحة نظرية التطور الداروينية، وهو رأي رفضه من قبل الجمعية الملكية في المملكة المتحدة وأكثر من 50 أكاديمية علمية في جميع أنحاء العالم. تتبع هذه المنظمة معهد ديسكفري محور حركة التصميم الذكي، من خلال تبني استراتيجيتها وتعميم المواد الترويجية للمعهد.
- ^ "Teaching the controversy is, of course, also related to the required teaching on "Variation, inheritance and evolution" under topic Sc2 "Life processes and living things" in Key Stage 4" Truth in Science - National Curriculum
- ^ "Teaching the controversy? The closest this textbook gets to teaching the controversy is a box entitled Scientific arguments against evolution (p. 781). This describes several doubts which may be held about evolution, such as the origin of the first replicating molecules, and the evolution of the human brain. It admits that an element of faith in evolution is needed. In the absence of good evidence, the book appeals to the great majority of scientists alive today who believe in evolution. No alternative theories are mentioned which pupils might want to consider." Truth in Science - Review of Biology: Principles and Processes. Roberts, M., M. Reiss, and G. Monger. 1993. Nelson
- ^ "Teaching the controversy? The only alternative idea about origins mentioned by this book is from before Darwin: 'Most scientists used to think that all living things had remained the same since the Earth was created. (p. 298)' This view is outdated, even among creationists. There are many scientists today who have scientific doubts about Darwinism. These are not mentioned." Truth in Science - Review of Biology for You, Gareth Williams, Nelson Thornes, 2002
- ^ "Therefore the new GCSE programmes will provide new opportunities to teach alternatives to evolution in science lessons" Truth in Science - National Curriculum
- ^ "We, the undersigned Academies of Sciences, have learned that in various parts of the world, within science courses taught in certain public systems of education, scientific evidence, data, and testable theories about the origins and evolution of life on Earth are being concealed, denied, or confused with theories not testable by science. We urge decision makers, teachers, and parents to educate all children about the methods and discoveries of science and to foster an understanding of the science of nature." IAP Statement on the Teaching of Evolution (PDF file)
- ^ See also: List of scientific societies rejecting intelligent design
- ^ Who are Truth in Science? James Randerson. EducationGuardian.co.uk, November 27, 2006.