من ويكيبيديا، الموسوعة الحرة
Geoboxes 2 keep the same functionality as Geoboxes 1:
- automated wikilinking;
- automated unit conversion for metric/imperial;
- automated locator dot placement based on coordinates or X/Y;
- there's no need to format the input data in any way, all is handled by the template.
There are a couple of new features:
- many new fields;
- background maps;
- optional foldable list on all multiple fields;
- optional automated country and state flags;
- international categories such as مواقع التراث العالمي so that there's no need for a second infobox in one page
Why were these geoboxes created?[عدل]
- To provide a means for a consistently-formatted table which is present in articles with a common subject to provide summary information consistently between articles or improve navigation to closely related articles in that subject (Help:Infobox).
- To maximally ease the creation of new infoboxes in the same style.
- To make the information in the infoboxes easy for transfer to other language Wikipedias and for future upgrades of the infobox layout by using strict database-like fields.