- 1 أرشفة نقاشك
- 2 دعوة للمساهمة في مشروع 600 ألف مقالة
- 3 On recherche des volontaires pour deux projets avec la Wikipédia en arabe
- 4 Talk pages consultation - it is time to close the Phase 1!
- 5 Talk pages consultation: Phase 2 starts!
- 6 Talk pages consultation Phase 2 update
- 7 مساعدة
دعوة للمساهمة في مشروع 600 ألف مقالة[عدل]
مرحباً Dyolf77! يتحدّى بعض محرري الموسوعة أنفسهم في الوصول بالموسوعة إلى 600 ألف مقالة قبل نهاية 2018. هذا يعني أننا بحاجة لإنشاء 1049 مقالة يوميًّا للوصول لهدفنا. لا تخف فالرقم ليس كبيرًا! فعلى كل مساهم إنشاء 12 مقالات يوميًّا، وبالطبع كلما ساهم المزيد من المحررين كلما قلّ العدد. نُرحب بمشاركتك معنا في صفحة المشروع.
On recherche des volontaires pour deux projets avec la Wikipédia en arabe[عدل]
Bonjour Habib, j'espère que tu vas bien !
Le message suivant est en anglais, car je le distribue à plusieurs personnes. Tu peux y répondre en français si tu souhaites !
We are looking for volunteers for two projects that would involve Arabic Wikipedia. I’m contacting you to see if you can help us, or find people who can help us.
I’ve also contacted several other users on your wiki, please check my recent edits to know who.
Talk pages consultation[عدل]
The Wikimedia Foundation has started a consultation about talk pages. We need input from as many communities and users as possible. At the moment we don’t have any important community using a right-to-left language participating.
We are looking for one or several users from your wiki to create a consultation page. On that page, your community would talk about talk pages. Several wikis have already created consultation pages and have started to collect the feedback.
Are you interested by helping us on that project? Your role would be to setup a page. Then you will have to invite as many people as possible to take part to that consultation. We need a lot of feedback, from newcomers to experienced users! That part of the consultation ends on March 31.
Growth team projects[عدل]
That project is very different from the first one.
The Growth team is the working on some prototypes for mi-sized wikis. The goal is to ease newcomers’ first steps on your wiki. At the moment, we have 3 prototypes ready to be deployed:
- Understanding first day
- That experiment is not visible to users. We are collecting anonymized data, to know what newcomers do when they create an account on a wiki.
- Personalized first day
- A Welcome survey is displayed to new users. They can explain why they are creating an account. At the moment, the data is still private but it helps us to understand what they wish to do.
- Focus on help desk
- It is the most visible prototype. When newcomers edit a page, they have a button that gives them an access to most important help pages. They can also ask a question, and that question is posted on the Help desk.
We are also working on two new prototypes, as part of Personalized first day:
- Engagement emails
- We redesign email notifications people would receive. They are very old and not really user friendly at the moment. The goal is to have something that would encourage people to contribute more.
- Newcomer homepage
- Most new users visit their user page when they create an account. We plan to create a page where they can find relevant information they need, to encourage them to edit.
We are very interested by collaborating with your wiki because:
- you have a high number of editors using mobile,
- you have an Help desk that uses StructuredDiscussions
- your wiki is a right-to-left language.
This is a longer term project. I’m looking for a group of identified people who can help us. We will need help on translations and prototype checking. We will also need some people to reply to questions we may have about your wiki. Of course the first step is to know is your community is okay to take part to that experiment! Maybe it would be easier to create a central place where we can discuss?
- ◀Trizek (WMF): Bonjour,
- Merci beaucoup de m'avoir contacté à propos de ce projet. Désolé du retard dans ma réponse mais mon Weekend fut terrible pour ne pas dire autre chose.
- Bref, je suis partant et très intéressé pour aider. Dis-moi ce qu'il faut faire. Très cordialement. Habib
- Merci Habib, heureux de te voir intéressé (et désolé pour ton week end ; j'espère que tout va bien ?).
- À mon avis, le plus urgent est la consultation sur les pages de discussion. Il est très important que les participants de la Wikipédia arabophone soient « dans la boucle ».
- Pour le moment, nous collections des retours individuels. Cinq questions sont posées. Tu peux t'inspirer ce que la Wikipédia francophone a mis en place à ce sujet (leur page liste les cinq questions).
- Le challenge sera de contacter un maximum de personnes, nouveaux participants inclus.
- Bien à toi, Trizek (WMF) (نقاش) 08:25، 11 مارس 2019 (ت ع م)
Talk pages consultation - it is time to close the Phase 1![عدل]
You have volunteered to be a coordinator for the Talk pages consultation 2019. Thank you again!
Community summaries are due by Saturday, April 6, 2019. It is now time to close the conversations. We really thank everyone who has participated. Every opinion matters.
What is a community summary?
The goal of a community summary is to wrap up the discussions and provide a summary of what your participants said. That way, other communities can learn about your community's needs, concerns, and ideas. We have seen very different feedback on different wikis, and it is time to discover what everyone thinks!
Please include in that summary:
- every perspective or idea your community had, and
- how frequent each idea was; for example,
- how many users shared a given opinion
- whether an idea was more common among different types of contributors (newcomers, beginners, experienced editors...)
You can add as much detail as you want in that summary.
Please post it on the page for community summaries, using the most international English you have.
Can't the Wikimedia Foundation read all the feedback?
We are trying, but we really need your help. For most conversations, we have to use machine translation, which has limitations. This can help us find the most common needs or global ideas. Machine translation is useful, but it does not tell us how people are feeling or what makes your community unique.
Your community summary should be built from your community's perspective, experience and culture. You might also know of relevant discussions in other places, which we did not find (for example, perhaps someone left a note on your user talk page – it is okay to include that!). Your summary is extremely important to us.
What are the next steps?
Phase 2 will happen in April. We will analyze the individual feedback, your community summary, and some user testing. We hope to have a clear view of everyone's ideas and needs at the end of April.
Some ideas generated during phase 1 may be mutually exclusive. Some ideas might work better for some purposes or some kinds of users. During Phase 2, we'll all talk about which problems are more urgent, which projects are most closely aligned with the overall needs and goals of the movement, and which ideas we should focus on first.
Discussions about these ideas may be shaped and be moderated by the Wikimedia Foundation, guided by our decision criteria, listed on the project page.
How can I help now?
- Please provide the summary. :)
- While we study the feedback, we may ask you for more information.
- We will need your help for Phase 2 as well, probably to translate or publicize some future materials we may have.
If you have any questions or need some help, please ask.
Thank you again for your help, Trizek (WMF) 18:12، 3 أبريل 2019 (ت ع م)
Talk pages consultation: Phase 2 starts![عدل]
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently conducting a global consultation about communication. The goal is to bring Wikimedians and wiki-minded people together to improve tools for communication.
Phase 1 of the consultation is over, thank you very much for your help on setting up that first phase. We've published the Phase 1 report. The report summarizes what we've learned, proposes a direction for the project, and asks specific questions to explore in Phase 2.
Very briefly, the proposed direction is that wikitext talk pages should be improved, and not replaced. We propose building a new design on top of talk pages that changes the page's default appearance, and offers key tools like replying, indenting and signing posts. To keep consistency with existing tools, the new design will be a default experience that existing users can opt out of. We also propose building features that experienced contributors want, including the ability to watchlist a single discussion, and the ability to move, archive and search for threads. Building these features may require some loss of flexibility, or small-to-medium changes in wikitext conventions. The goal is to only make changes that directly enable functionality that users really want.
You can see more information and discussion about the proposed direction in the Phase 1 report, including the results of new user tests and some of the quotations from Phase 1 discussions that led to this proposal.
Now it's time to start Phase 2!
We have six questions to discuss in Phase 2, asking for reactions to the proposed direction, and pros and cons for specific changes that we could make.
Can you help by hosting a discussion at your wiki? Here's what to do:
- First, sign up your group here.
- Next, create a page (or a section on a Village pump, a dedicated page, or an e-mail thread – whatever is natural for your group) to collect information from other people in your group.
- Then start the conversation with the six questions listed in the Questions for Phase 2 section of the report.
- Inform your community about the Phase 2. We will display a banner on the wikis when some communities will have setup their local consultation places.
- When the conversation is concluded, please write a summary of the discussion on the Phase 2 community discussion summaries page, and report what you learned from your group. Please include links if the discussion is available to the public. Community summaries for Phase 2 are due by June 15, 2019
Thank you! We're looking forward to talking with you.
Best, Trizek (WMF) 07:35، 18 مايو 2019 (ت ع م)
Talk pages consultation Phase 2 update[عدل]
The Phase 2 of the talk pages consultation has begun. Several communities have already signed-up. This email is sent to every Phase 1 coordinator to provide you some updates.
If you prefer not to participate to the phase 2 as a coordinator, no worries: you can ignore that message, and you will not receive any message from us for the phase 2. In the future, we will only send messages to people who've listed their names on the phase 2 page. You've been very helpful for the phase 1 and we still thank you for your help. Can you forward this message to other people who may help?
Create a group or have it ready
Some groups are ready, some other are still under construction and we still miss some languages or wikis. We invite you to sign-up your community page for the phase 2.
We have two tables: one for under construction pages, the other one for ready-to-go pages. Under construction pages should be listed: we can help you to built it if needed. Those pages have to list the questions we have and should provide a link to the Phase 1 report.
Pages that are ready to be used have to be moved to the "Confirmed participant groups" section to that we can add them to the banner.
Banner and advertizing
When a community page is ready, we will help you to have it known. We are going to display a banner with link to the consultation on your wiki. We need some help to translate that banner (it is very short). We will not display a banner without translation to your community.
Don't forget to add a link to the consultation to any page on your wiki where people can see the information. You can also invite other wikis in your language to participate to one global page (like for Russian language).
Don't forget to post the information about Phase 2 on social medias related to your wiki(s), and ping people who participated to the phase 1.
Phase 1 report
The Phase 1 report is ready and communities should be aware if it. Please invite people to read it!
If you have any question, please contact me !
هذه رسالة من فريق النموّ.
شكرا جزيلا على كل المجهودات المبذولة لاثراء ويكيبيديا العربية.
نحن فريق النمو من مؤسسة ويكيميديا، لدينا برنامج جديد لمتابعة المستخدمين الجدد واحاطتهم بالمساعدة خلال تحريرهم للموسوعة. هذا البرنامج لن ينجح إلا اذا مدّ يد العون مستخدمون ومستخدمات لديهم الخبرة مثلك آنت. لو كنت على استعداد لذلك، نرجو اضافة اسمك في هاته القائمة